top of page

Mortgage Documents

Here is a list of documents you may need to provide and an explanation for each one:




A picture of the front and back of your photo identification plus another piece of identification.



A link to my online application will be sent to you for you to fill out.

Client Engagement Letter

Client Engagement Letter (To Be Signed)

This letter outlines our relationship and gives me authorization to pull your credit report.

I will send this to you to be e-signed.

Closing Costs

Closing Costs

You will be required to supply 90 days of bank statements to prove that you have been saving your closing costs.


Letter of Employment

Letter of Employment

On company letterhead with contact information for the signer, along with:

1) Start Date
2) Position
3) Type of Pay (hourly wage, salary, commission, etc)
4) Probation (If Applicable)
5) Number of Guaranteed Hours
6) Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal, etc...



Most recent paystub.

Information should match what is written on the letter of employment.


T4 or T4E Tax Slips

Tax slips from your employer or tax slips for employment insurance (EI).

EI tax slips are available on My Service Canada Online.

Must have your name on copy.

Other Income

Canada Child Benefit

Canada Child Benefit (CCB)

CCB is administered by CRA.

It is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age.

Your statement can be found on CRA online. Go into Mail and find the most recent CCB Notice. Click PDF to the right to download the copy with your name on it.


Old Age Security (OAS) & Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

OAS is a universal benefit from the federal government to anyone over age 65 in Canada – who have lived here for a minimum of 10 years.

CPP is a benefit for working Canadians who paid into the CPP over the years through regular contributions.

T4A (P) & T4A (OAS) tax slips are available on My Service Canada Online.

Child Support

Child Support

Child support is an ongoing periodic payment made by one parent to another for the financial benefit of a child.

A copy of the Court Order would be required.

Self Employed Income


Commission Tax Slips

T4A Tax slips for commission earned.

Must have name on copy.

Notice of Assessment

Notice of Assessment (NOA)

These are issued by CRA after you file your taxes.

It states how much money you made that tax year, how much tax you paid, and whether you owe taxes or are getting a refund.

Available on CRA online.

T1 General

T1 General

This is required if you have self employed income. 

It is the form to complete your annual tax return.

Your accountant can supply this.


Statement of Business Activities

Form T2125 is used to calculate self employed income as a sole proprietor.

Incorporated Businesses

Articles of Incorporation

Articles of Incorporation

Articles of Incorporation are legal documents submitted to governments within Canada which are necessary in order to establish your business as a legal entity—they also help set out your corporation's purpose and regulations.

T2 Corporation Income Tax

T2 Corporation Income Tax

The T2 is the mandatory corporate income tax return form for the federal government of Canada. It must be filed every tax year.

Your accountant can supply this.

Bank Statements

Bank Statements

Bank statements may also

be required in order to find the best method of qualifying.

bottom of page